We’re deep in the dog days of summer – the hottest months of the year when we can’t decide whether we want cooler weather to come already or whether we want the lazy, sun-soaked days to drag on a little while longer. Thankfully, we live in an amazing place where we have plenty of recreation available no matter what the weather. Today, we’re here to give you 7 ideas to finish your summer strong and healthy!
Things to Do!
MP USA is located in the heart of Ogden, UT, a thriving community in Northern Utah rife with outdoor adventure. It’s a family-friendly place, with plenty of nightlife, great restaurants, and eclectic shopping venues. When we’re not practicing Merpati Putih, here are some of our favorite things to do:
- Mountain Biking on Powder Mountain: Architecture Digest calls Powder Mountain Resort “the hottest destination you probably haven’t heard of.” In the summertime, the Mountain’s lifts and slopes are open for hiking, mountain biking, and sightseeing, and you can also enjoy golf lodging packages, local music, and open-air dining.
- Fort Buenaventura: This historic gem marks the location of the first Anglo settlement in the Great Basin. Today, Fort Buenaventura welcomes guests to enjoy camping, canoeing, trail walks, frisbee golf, and more. It’s also the location where MP USA hosts our summertime Class in the Park series.
- Midweek Mountain Bike Races at Snowbasin Ski Resort: Located across the same pristine mountain valley housing Powder Mountain, the Basin hosts midweek mountain bike races designed to get your adrenaline flowing. Afterward, you can unwind with Mountaintop Yoga, wine pairing dinners, and Movies on the Mountain. There are also special Adventures for Kids!
- Rock Climbing: While MP USA’s Family Martial Arts Program is our favorite way to build strength and agility, we don’t discount the sport of rock climbing as another excellent way to get in shape. If you Google “Rock Climbing in Ogden, Utah,” you’ll come up with an excellent list of walls to ascend.
- Shop Til You Drop: Ogden boasts a vibrant Farmers Market on Saturdays, every weekend from late June to mid-September. You can also enjoy an inviting selection of boutiques, art galleries, and eateries on Historic 25th Street.
- Visit Union the Station: As this historic train station’s website will tell you, “you can’t get anywhere without going through Ogden.” And visiting the Union Station gives you a blast from the past where you can see history come alive! Union Station has four museums and two art galleries and is the host of many community events.
- Go Exploring: If you’re planning a visit to Ogden, here’s a list of many more things to do! There’s something for everyone here, and we know you’ll have a memorable time!
Don’t Miss Us!
At 6:00 p.m. on August 22, MP USA will host our last Power in the Park event of summer 2019. Here, you can experience five life lessons martial arts teaches first-hand, and we’d love to have you join us. This event caters to all existing and previous MP members. If you’re new to MP USA, there’s plenty for you, as well. As we’ve shared these 7 ideas to finish your summer strong and healthy, we hope you’ll consider one of our programs, too! For more information, call us today at 1-866-666-7872.